Next Page: 10000
Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Attended the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) Board Meeting on Wednesday. I reported on the Research Group, DNA Interest Group, the October Newsletter, and the membership survey. Wrote, edited, published and distributed the October Newsletter on Sunday.
2) Finally started my new presentation on "Researching in Historical Newspapers" which I will give at the 30 October CVGS general meeting.
3) Watched one Family Tree Webinars video - The Stories Behind the Segments, by Blaine Bettinger. Excellent!
4) Was a panelist on today's Mondays With Myrt. The panel discussed THE Genealogy Show, Find A Grave, One-name studies, the Barbour collection, the Oxford Family History Fair, Russ's Family Tree Maker 2019 presentation, is the FHL obsolete?, FHL catalog and collections, a lost diary found, and my posts about newspaper searches on GenealogyBank and Newspapers.com#utm_source=googlier.com/page/2019_10_08/11899&utm_campaign=link&utm_term=googlier&utm_content=googlier.com.
5) Wrote and posted a biographical sketch of 6th great-grandmother #509 Elizabeth (Ayers) Martin (1745-1767) for my 52 Ancestors biographical sketch on Friday.
6) Transcribed a 1764 deed of 5th great-grandfather Simon Gates buying land in Stow, Massachusetts from Amos Gates for Amanuensis Monday.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 32,966 of my RootsMagic persons with FSFT.
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and sources to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 54,945 persons in my RootsMagic file, and 110,380 source citations. I TreeShared twice this week updating 290 profiles, and I resolved 1502 Ancestry Hints. I've fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 115,339 to be resolved, but I work on them weekly.
9) Added several more ThruLines to DNA matches to my RootsMagic file. Added Notes to about 10 AncestryDNA matches.
10) Wrote 18 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which three were a press release. The most popular post last week was New Collection on Ancestry.com#utm_source=googlier.com/page/2019_10_08/11899&utm_campaign=link&utm_term=googlier&utm_content=googlier.com - Newspapers.com#utm_source=googlier.com/page/2019_10_08/11899&utm_campaign=link&utm_term=googlier&utm_content=googlier.com Obituary Index, 1800s to Current with over 516 views.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2019, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org#utm_source=googlier.com/page/2019_10_08/11899&utm_campaign=link&utm_term=googlier&utm_content=googlier.com.
Cameroonian immigrant Nebane Abienwi died Tuesday after undergoing treatment for a brain hemorrhage at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center.
Hawthorne Cat®, the exclusive Cat® equipment dealer in San Diego, the Hawaiian Islands, and the Pacific Region, will sponsor the 3rd Annual Quarry Crusher Run on Saturday, November 2, 2019 at the Vulcan Materials Chula Vista Quarry, located at 2275 Hard Rock Road in Chula Vista, CA.
(PRWeb October 08, 2019)
Read the full story at https://www.prweb.com/releases/hawthorne_cat_sponsors_3rd_annual_quarry_crusher_run_on_november_2_2019/prweb16630696.htm#utm_source=googlier.com/page/2019_10_08/109487&utm_campaign=link&utm_term=googlier&utm_content=googlier.com
Next Page: 10000
© Googlier LLC, 2019